Bell Work # 16
Define these 27 words; organelle, photosynthesis, fermentation, active transport, adhesion, cell wall, osmosis, respiration, cellular respiration, lipid, cohesion, nucleus, homeostasis, diffusion, cell theory, nucleic acid, cell membrane, carbohydrate, protein, organic, enzyme, solute, chlorophyll, microorganism, mitosis, solution, solvent.
Bell Work # 15
Draw and explain a food web.
Ecosystem Final Assignment
Start your vocabulary terms
Bell Work # 14
1. How many kilocaories would be available to the three level consumer in an ecosystem?
2. Why do food chains generally NOT contain more than 4 or 5 levels?
Assignment - Biodiversity Foldable
Bell Work # 13
1. What is the most common way that nitrogen fixation occurs?
B. Nitrogen fixing bacteria
C. Forest fires
2. T/F Atmospheric nitrogen (N2 gas) is easily taken up and used by plants and animals.
3. T/F Legumes host nitrogen fixing bacteria, and thus are good crops to plant to replenish the soil.
Cycle Notes and Nitrogen LAB (you can make up the lab during FLEX)
Bell Work #12
Define these terms; biodiversity, quantitative, qualitative, and inference.
Bell Work # 11 Define carry capacity, limiting factors, niche, organisms, population, community, ecosystem, biotic and abiotic.
Bell Work # 10 What do you know about Ecosystems? What would you like to know about Ecosystems?
Bell Work # 8
Create an cladogram.
Bell Work # 7
Write down five facts you have learned about Evolution.
Dichotomous Keys and Cladograms work sheet.
Bell Work # 6 Explain what Taxonomy is and explain how you use a dichotomous key.